- Major Sponsors
- Aussie Butt Cream
- Bike Culture
- Crowley's Hot Sauce
- Frameskin Bike Protection Film
- GU Energy
- Julbo Eyewear
- Kowalski Brothers Trailworks
- Squirt Lube
- The Kowalski Brothers
- Two Before Ten Coffee Roasters
What is The Mont 24 Hour Race?
The MONT 24 Hour Race was renowned as Australia’s favourite festival of MTB and the best way to spend a weekend of bike loving fun with a few thousand mates. It had also been Australia’s largest mountain bike event, but this era has come to an end. East Kowen and Sparrow Hill are undergoing massive change over the next few years due to forest clear fall. Clear fall harvest started in June 2017, and this work has already changed the riding landscape and dramatically reduced the trail network. It would be impossible to run the event here next year and unfortunately Canberra simply lacks a suitable alternate venue. Self Propelled Enterprises has closed its doors and we thank you all for supporting this event over the years.
Watch the highlights videos.
Riders come to the MONT;
- for a chance at podium (or bragging rights back at the tent);
- to hang out with their mates and meet people who ride;
- to check out new season bikes, gadgets and gear; and
- to rail some of the best single track around.
The home of the Mont 24 is East Kowen Forest, Canberra. East Kowen’s network of flowing trails have been built from scratch especially for the Mont by our team of dedicated trail builders and trail volunteers. Through their efforts, East Kowen has become one of the most popular riding destinations in the region. In no particular order we acknowledge
- the Kowalski Brothers Trailworks,
- the one man trail building legend that is Paul Cole, and
- The Kowalski Trail Crew (volunteers who have discovered the secret pleasure of trail building)
The Mont can mean many things to many people, so we’ve drawn together many of our experiences to give you an insight into what the Mont 24 MTB Hour Race means to us. There’s plenty, so we’ve put them here.
STAY IN TOUCH
Also, nearly all information about our events is delivered via our regular newsletter so be sure and sign-up (sign-up via STAY IN TOUCH on the home page).